The Adoptions Program is offered as a service to the general public and is supported by the membership. The intent of the Program is to insure unwanted reptiles and amphibians are placed in the best facilities: public and private. As the popularity of Reptiles and Amphibians increases, so will the need for qualified and dedicated caregivers. Anyone interested in adopting should carefully read the procedures outlined below.
We do not take owner surrendered iguanas or red-eared sliders.
- You must be a current member of the CHS, Chicago Turtle Club, licensed/qualified educator and/or affiliated with a recognized institution.
- If you are under 18, you must have parental consent to adopt any animal.
- Animals will not be shipped out of state except in extreme circumstances and then only at the expense of the recipient.
- Proper caging must be established before the animal is placed.
- Federal, state and local laws will be considered before any animal is placed.
- Recipients will be screened verbally or in writing about their experience and how they expect to maintain the animal(s).
- The Adoptions Chairperson has sole discretion in administering the adoptions program and may allow exceptions, if it is in the best interest of the animal.
You may contact Linda Malawy at (630) 717-9955, or via email